Traditional Winter Weddings

Monday, November 3, 2014
I love holiday weddings! I think that it's because we are already full of the holiday spirit, but winter weddings are always full of warmth and romance to me. (It could be the candlelight, too. Just saying!)
All jokes aside, winter weddings are special to me. I love the new rustic trends that use a plethora of mason jars and tress branches grouped together. I love the icy blue and crisp whites that we saw all over the runways this season. But I might, just might, be partial to the traditional red rose on deep winter greens. It's a look that translates into any modern scene and never fails to take my breath away. 

But while I'm looking back in my mind over all the winter weddings, I also remember a particularly stunning affair with red roses and white orchids. Tall candelabras filled the room with the soft glow of candlelight... oh, it was stunning! 
However, there is still a very, very exquisite beauty in the simplicity of winter white. Gathered white roses with bouquet pins, hydrangeas like snow drifts, or stately white peonies; there's so many forms to choose!
So as the first frost covers the ground, I'm looking forward to all the romance and beauty this season can give!






0 comments:

 

Popular Posts

About Us

Designs By Mayumi is a by-appointment only floral design studio, with a reputation for quality, ingenuity, and personalized attention. From classic English garden bouquets, to sleek modern display, we will tailor our designs to transform your space into a beautiful, bold, or simply exquisite show of fresh flowers.

© 2011 Designs by Mayumi | Blog Design by: The Site Around the Corner | Header photo credit: Joanie Clay Photography